CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

10 days straight...

I have been working - without a break - for 10 days straight.

*Phew*
*Yawn*
*Sigh*

Just thought I should tell you that, just incase this Blog entry gets a little lack luster... dont blame me, blame the need in todays society to try and make a little extra cash to get my ends meeting...makes me think of such a true little saying:

"There always seems to be more month left at the end of the money"

Dont think theres anyone out there who will disagree!

Well, you know the blog entry a few posts back about me eating the terrible thing called salad - "arghhh" so I could resemble the model in the picture by the 24th April? Well, that date has come and gone, and although I didnt get to looking like blondie in the pic, I was proud of my efforts. The reason for the crash-test-diet was that I had to work at a Bass Fishing Competition at a Dam for last Thursday till Monday this week. I had to wear an outfit for the prizegiving that I had to look "acceptable" in...hence the dieting.
I have put some pics below so you can see where I spent 5 days.....
Working......
And sleeping in a tent.....
That was invaded by small flying insects on Thursday night.....
And ants on Friday night.....
And wind on Saturday night......
And rain on Sunday night......

Enough said.

Then, I had to go to my normal job the very next day and Im here again today. (Oh, someone asked what I do...Im the Personal Assistant (PA) to the Sales and Marketing Director of Waltons Stationery - the biggest stationery company in SA.)

Ok, back to why I am sooo tired.

Well, at the dam we had to be up at 7am and got to bed after 12pm.

We had to carry fridges...yes....fridges.
And 40 bench and table sets
And about 80 crates of drinks
And too many bags of ice to count
And serve about 700 people

Im going to stop there as just writing about it is making my shoulders ache.

Heres the pics...

The Inanda Dam with the mountains in the background, taken from where my tent was set up.


There were 3 Zebras on the property that kinda wandered around the dam and the tents...very cool, even if you live in Africa!

Now for the good news of this Blog, this is only going to be a 2 day week - of which I am already on the second day.

Monday - Freedom day public holiday

Tuesday - Work day

Wednesday - Work day - (I am here in my week)

Thursday - Public holiday

Friday - Public holiday

I would not have been able to cope if I still had to work Thurs and Fri

****thank heavens****

Have to go do the monthly grocery shopping tomorrow-its like the nursery rhyme where Old Mother Hubbard when to the cupboard and the cupboard was bare..(and the fridge!)..

And clean the flat - its feeling very ignored since I have been away for so long.

But, this can all wait until I have slept till at LEAST 10am...mmmm...cant wait!.

Chell

5 comments:

Chellie said...

Wow. That's awesome!

aurora said...

Wow. Busy girl.

Zebra? Crazy. That's just too amazing.

aubreyannie said...

that is awesome! what a beautiful place to have an event and zebras wandering around. i would love that. yay for your efforts at losing a bit of weight to look great. and i hope you enjoy your days off. what a long, wonderful weekend.

and i've never heard that saying..but will start using it now. i love it!

Help I need a user name! said...

What a long stretch of work! I'm impressed. I hope you get some much-needed rest!

amy mo said...

That sounds tiring! But I absolutely cannot imagine seeing a wild zebra walking around!